This year, we celebrate a remarkable milestone: the 30th anniversary of Göteborgs Food Budapest! Shift leader László Begitter has been with us since the very beginning, dedicating his commitment and expertise to our company for the entirety of our 30-year journey, and playing a pivotal role in shaping our production teams and processes.
Hi László! Tell us a little bit about your professional journey at Göteborgs Food.
– I joined Göteborgs Food in 1993, at the young age of 18. In the very beginning, we alternated daily between different production tasks and since I had an education within construction and electrical engineering, I was able to quite easily learn and assist with the repair of mechanical and pneumatic equipment. When we started production of fondant, jams and toppings in 1998, I was promoted to team leader of that production.
– In 2000, I was offered a position at the night shift, which has suited me well. From then on, I have been managing the night shift independently, and been actively participating in production processes.
What have been the key changes and developments during your time at Göteborgs Food?
– The biggest change during my time at the company is the construction of the new factory in Dunaharaszti, where I was one of the first to be transferred to help start up the new production.
– Increasing quality assurance and traceability requirements puts higher expectations on production, and the XXI. century technology that our factory is equipped with, has greatly reduced the possibility of mistakes. Another key development was the construction of our automatic powder dosing system which improved efficiency significantly, and also significantly reduced the physical strain and workload, compared to 30 years ago.
What made you stay at the company for so long?
– From early on, I sensed the company's commitment to long-term development, maintaining its market-leading position, and thereby being able to provide stability and good working conditions.
– I feel proud to have been a part of the company’s continuous growth and expansion since the beginning and I am a proud leader of a great team of people.
"It's invaluable to have reliable and experienced leaders like László. When facing production related struggles, I can always rely on László for good advice. He is a great role model for his teams. I am grateful for our many years together, and hope that we will get many more."
Attila Csonka, Managing Director & Co-owner